Wednesday, September 07, 2005

phew.....mine's over =)

Hi all, i've just had my geog microteaching and phew am i so glad that it's over. Don't get me wrong. It's not that I dread teaching my classmates or anything, i was just super nervous and worried how things would turn out. Thank God there wasn't any major disruptions in the class =).. Well actually i was wondering why. I know that some of you were aware that i've been unwell the past few days and that you did't want to cause me too much stress. And i'm very thankful for your concern and understanding =). Since i have class in half an hour's time, I better pen down my reflections before i forget. First things first, i'd like to apologize to all for not being properly attired.I know i look weird teaching with half of that sweater over my body. I was feeling cold and ya..hehe dat's the way i usually put on my sweater =P.. Don't worry I won't do that in a real classroom. OK since i'm pressed for time,(I have another presentation and microteaching coming up! aaaahhhhhh!) im just going to list down a few things that perhaps i could improve on in the future.
1) Appear less nervous..hehe
2) Perhaps i went through the recap of previous lesson a tad bit too fast..especialy the summary diagram.
3) Could have made the students more engaged by asking Liyan, Dapne (the students who have been to BTNR) to share their experience with the class as part of the induction, just to make the others students curious and excited about what they're going to see.
4) For the virtual fieldtrip, the slide transition might have been too fast ( I rehearsed it with my bro and he said it was fine..and i thought it was ok too.. so sorry about that) for the students to actually digest what they see and hear, and describe it in their field diary.
5) Speaking of field diary, i could have explained more of its use or gave examples on how the content can be applied in their groupwork.
6) Because some of the students did not manage to catch what was on some of the slides, i actually diverted away from what had been planned in my lesson plan (..u-oh...) and replayed some of the slides again. Then I went through the details of each boxes and elicited answers from the students. To be truthful, those slides were actually my back-up plan because i kind of anticipated that some students might not be able to absorb things as well and as fast as the others. But i'm actually glad i managed to do that because at least i got to check if all the students' observations are correct and share the descriptions that i expected from them.
7) For the conclusion, ya because of time constraint i didn't get to that. What was planned was after presentation from students, i would provide feedback/ also get students to comment, then summarize that day's lessons and then ask them to complete Box 10 at home as reflection and also to read up Chap 7 for next lesson.
Gotta go for my next lesson. i welcome any feedback from all of you tomorrow. Thanks for being cooperative guys =).

7 Comments:

Blogger BananaSaviour said...

Hey Mas, I think you did an awesome awesome job! You have a fan here! "I wanna be teacher's pet!" Haha! By the way, it isn't cos you were sick or anything that we din play punk. It's cos you delivered the lesson so well... it was engaging, fun, and you were nice. Being disruptive is just out of the mind, cos we were engaged at all times... be it the virtual tour or being the environmentalists. So yeah, WONDERFUL job! *grin*

I've got lots to learn! =)

8:03 AM  
Blogger S W said...

Hi hi Mas,
I have to echo BananaSaviour's sentiments on your lessons. It was such a wonderful job. Everyone was so mesmerised by all that you have created for the class that no one would ever want to default. :) And no, you didn't look nervous. You were so so sharp! Well done!

SW

6:57 AM  
Blogger edwardtheo4952 said...

i thought your blog was cool and i think you may like this cool Website. now just Click Here

2:15 PM  
Blogger vintage said...

Hello BananaFan!
Hey thanks! Your words are superbly encouraging and its gonna make my day today hehe! Im glad I the lesson provided some teaching ideas for you guys. Ok good luck to your session k! =)

Ps: Sorry i damaged your uniquely-straight-banana that day (which that Wesly claimed wld be put up in some museum remember?)Haha..

7:44 PM  
Blogger vintage said...

Hey Shouwee!
Thanks gurl! Im glad you enjoyed the lesson =).

7:46 PM  
Blogger mikeprice0688786461 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com

2:35 AM  
Blogger y814ceau said...

Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home